2010年2月24日水曜日

Now that's small!

When I first moved to Japan many of my friends wanted to know about my house. In Australia Japanese houses have a reputation for being very small. Very high tech but very small.

The smallest house I've been to in Japan was a friend's one room apartment in Osaka. It was so small she didn't even have a bath! But it was an apartment, not a house.

Have a look at this picture:

The slender house, which is sandwiched between two unremarkable houses in the middle of a terrace, is 21ft long and 6ft wide

The green building in the middle? It's a house... It's 1.8m wide and 6.4m long. Wow....

Could you live in a house that small? I don't think I could!

Before it was a house it was a donkey stables.

I'm not sure what is worse- a house that is 1.8m wide or a house that used to be a donkey stables!

0 件のコメント: